Software Engineer - Platform
Build infrastructure for SaaS Backstage.io
What is the company's mission? 🤔
Roadie helps companies manage their internal services by making it easy to adopt Backstage.
Backstage is a service catalog which was created inside Spotify and has
been battle-tested in production since 2016. Every day, thousands of
Spotify employees use Backstage to do critical development and
We are a talented group of engineers who
experienced the problems of service sprawl first-hand and decided that
there is a better way. By unlocking the power of Backstage, we can make
software development easier, faster and more enjoyable.
What does my day to day look like? 📅
one of our engineers you will build out a scalable, secure and highly
available solution built on the cloud (currently AWS) that will host Backstage for our customers.
- You will build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, maintenance, operation, and polish.
- You get to collaborate with kind, talented engineers that used to work in Spotify and Workday.
What is the offer? 💙
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience
- We provide a meaningful stock options package
- 27 days paid time off
- Working remotely flexible working arrangements (fully remote position within Europe's timezone (UTC-1:00 - UTC+2:00))
What skills would we like to see? ✨
- 5+ years or more of experience in Software Engineering
- Proficiency in a high level programming language
- Familiarity with a cloud platform (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience designing and operating highly available, highly secure systems
- Experience as a user of any Infrastructure as code tool (terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- A college degree is NOT required
- Bonus: Experience with Kubernetes
- Bonus: Worked with AWS EKS
- Bonus: Have Pulumi or Terraform experience
- Requirement: Europe's timezone (UTC-1:00 - UTC+2:00)